Disclosure – May 2019
I am a UK Registered Dietitian regulated by the Health and Care Professions Council (HCPC) and a member of the British Dietetic Association (BDA) I have been trained to translate the science of nutrition into sound and practical nutrition information and aim to use my skills in this area in an accurate and professionally responsible manner.
2. Professional conduct
- In order to demonstrate my dedication to transparency and ethical writing/reporting, I have signed up to RDs4DisclosureUK and have pledged to their 5 guiding principles. This means that I am bound by an ethical code of conduct and have pledged not to provide false or misleading information.
- I will never make or support unjustifiable statements relating to particular products (as per HCPC & BDA guidelines) or promote one product over another (as per food industry regulations).
- I promise that all the opinions shared on this website are 100% honest and my own.
- Any freebies/samples or money received for writing posts or product reviews on this blog/website will be clearly disclosed and will not influence my opinions, the content or the topics discussed on this site.
- I intend to adhere to the IAB (Internet Advertising Bureau) guidelines for sponsorship and advertising and will make it clear when paid for a promotion or blog post.
- If I tweet a link to a blog post that has either been ‘sponsored’ or if I have received a reward, be that financial or a gift of value for the time taken to write the blog, then I will tweet the link to that blog post followed by #ad or #spon (as per IAB Guidelines).
- There are currently no “adverts” on this website.
I have included a section on recipes as I am passionate about cooking using basic ingredients and am interested in cooking for people with special dietary needs.
- Gluten Free Recipes (No gluten containing ingredients)
If you have been diagnosed with coeliac disease, you will need to follow a gluten-free diet. If my recipes are marked as ‘gluten free’ it is still your responsibility to check that each ingredient used is labelled ‘gluten free’ e.g. oats, as ingredients and products vary on their gluten content depending on the brand/processing methods. Please use safe methods to avoid cross contamination in your kitchen at home. If you are following a gluten free diet I recommend you follow the personal advice provided to you by your dietitian or doctor.
- Other “free from” or “low FODMAP’ recipes.
I regularly cook for friends and family with restricted diets, e.g. milk free, low lactose, low fodmap, wheat free and I have coded the recipes as such.
If you are following any restricted diet, I would recommend you follow the personal advice provided to you by your dietitian or doctor.
5. Information on the site
IMPORTANT: The advice given on this website is aimed at the adult general public and should not be used as an alternative to personally tailored advice given to you by your own dietitian or doctor.
For purpose of disclosure, I currently work for Bristol Community Health as a Diabetes Education Facilitator and also for Weston Area Health Care Trust as a specialist dietitian. The views and opinions expressed on this site are solely mine and should not be interpreted as reflecting the views, opinions or policies of my employer.
This disclaimer was updated Oct 2019 and will be updated and reviewed on a regular basis.
References and useful links:
Acknowledgments and thanks to:
Helen at www.foodandnonsense.com
Nic at www.nisnutrition.com
Priya at www.dietitianuk.co.uk
Gemma at www.dietitianwithoutborders.com
This policy is effective as from May 2018.
Why we collect your data:
We collect your personal data because you give us consent to do so, in order to provide our independent nutrition and dietetic services to you.
What we collect:
We may collect the following information:
- Information in relation to this consent form;
- Further clinical information in relation to reports from other health professionals.
What we do with the information we gather:
We require this information for the purpose of:
• Professional clinical record keeping of client information; Sharing information with relevant health professionals.
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place encrypted electronic systems and standard operating procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect.
Controlling your personal information
We will not distribute, sell or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your explicit permission or are required by law to do so.
You may request details of personal information which we hold about you under the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR). If you would like a copy of the information held on you please contact Jackie Wilson , Data Protection Officer, at this address JGW-Dietetics, The Wellbeing Studio, 6 Alexandra Road, Clevedon , BS21 7QE
If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please email or write to us as soon as possible at the above address. We will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect.
How you can withdraw and request to be deleted from our files
If you do not wish us to make use of your Personal Information in this way, please contact Jackie Wilson, or email email@example.com. You have the right to withdraw consent.
Should you have any queries in relation to General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) here are the contact details of our Data Controller:
Name: Jackie Wilson