I was asked to do some cooking for a friend who had Coeliac disease and wanted to try to use gluten free flour. these cakes were moist, flavoursome and would be suitable for freezing. Makes 12 muffin size cakes
150g gluten free flour
100g light brown muscovado sugar
100mls rapeseed oil
1 orange – juice and zest
spices – I used 1 tsp cinnamon and 1 tsp mixed spice
Icing – icing sugar and water to make a thick paste
decorate with more orange zest
1. Grate the carrots finely with a grater
2. weigh out and mix the flour, sugar, spices and the orange zest
3. mix the eggs and oil and then add into the dry ingredients and carrots
4. spoon into the 12 cup cases
5. cook for 25 minutes at 180 o C.
6. leave to cool and then top with the water icing and a few shaving of orange peel – delicious!